Monday, June 12, 2023

Reference :- Sky News was disappointed by the " Teal Steal " in the last federal election .

 Reference:-  Theft is a nasty business . 

We were chowing down on home made pizzas last night , when Ken junior asked me to clarify what Sky News means by the term " Teal Steal ". 

" Can you clarify what Sky News means by the term " Teal Steal  ? ", Ken junior said . 

" It means the Teals stole seats from the coalition in the last election . " , I said . 

" This must be a usage of the word "steal" with which I am not familiar . ",  Ken junior said . 

" How so ? ", I said . 

" They won the seats in a democratic election . How is that stealing ? " , Ken junior said . 

" It's just an expression . ", I said . 

"Why use such a misleading expression ?  ", Ken junior said . 

" Well for starters , it rhymes . ",  I said . 

Ken junior remained silent . He hates it when he can't think of a clever retort . 

Your comrade, Ken .


No comments:

Post a Comment