Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Reference :- When will the terrible war end ?

 Reference :-  The war continues , with no end in sight . 

      We were having our Weet-Bix this morning when the conversation turned to the ghastly war .   

 " As the war  becomes more desperate , the collateral damage is devastating ",  Ken junior said . 

"  Those poor Ukrainians . ",  I said . 

 " Not that war . I mean the war Fox is waging against Tucker Carlson . " , Ken junior said . 

 " How so ? " , I said . 

" Fox News ratings have fallen off a cliff .  Fox have leaked cherry picked video footage and spread rumors in an attempt to destroy Tucker Carlson's reputation , and all that has done is drive away their viewers . Meanwhile Tucker's fan base is growing faster than the interest charges on a credit card debt . " , Ken junior said . 

"  Well I guess he will never work again . " ,  I said . 

" They say he has been offered 100 million dollars by a rival media company ",  Ken junior said . 

"  Great merciful Odin , are we witnessing  the collapse of the Murdoch media empire ? " , I said . 

Gabbo suddenly made a strange remark . 

" I certainly hope so . " , Gabbo said . 

" What do the Sky News folk have to say about it ?' , I said . 

" Absolutely nothing " , Ken junior said . 

" Not even Andy Bolt ? " , I said 

" He's going on extended leave. " , Gabbo said . 

"  What about Rowan Dean ? You can always rely on him to get to the truth . ",  I said 

" He's in trouble again with the media regulator for spreading misinformation . " , Ken junior said . 

Anyway , we decided to check out last night's  Sky News on that YouTube thing , and indeed , it was sad to watch . 

It reminded me of the time a dingo broke into our chook pen and and was killing the chickens .   The terrified flapping and clucking wasn't the same , of course ,  there was far more of that going on at the Sky News  studios .  Chris Kenny looked like he had an implant in his cheeks so he could sneer more alarmingly . 

Fearing that they might suffer the same fate as Mr Carlson , the Sky News presenters described the possible first budget surplus in 15 years , as a disaster for the Labor Party .   And the plans to cut living expenses for average Australians as a terrible cost to the taxpayer .  It all had a weird " Emperor's new clothes " sycophancy about it .

All empires come to an end eventually , and the Murdoch empire's time might have come . 

Nevertheless , The Sky Reply will continue to offer it's loyal support .  

" I will stick with Sky News to the last . I will be their Charles Lightoller . " , I said 

" Who on earth is Charles Lightholler " , Ken junior said . 

" He was the 2nd officer of the Titanic who stayed on deck to the very last , loading the lifeboats . " I said 

" I like that analogy  . " , Gabbo said . 

" The staying on board part  ? ", I said . 

" No.  The sinking part . ", Gabbo said . 

I wonder what he meant by that ? 

Your comrade , Ken

 





No comments:

Post a Comment