Friday, March 17, 2023

Reference:- Once again millions of fish have died in the outback .

 Reference:-  Heatwaves have been blamed for the alarming fish kill . 


Dear  Sky News Team , 

                                               I guess it is time to dig out Dorothea Mackellar's poetry again .  You know ,  that stuff she wrote  about drought and flooding rains being regular events more than a century ago .   This certainly proves that there is nothing new about weather extremes . It's evidence that the woke greenie brigade cannot refute . 

Mind you , I flicked through my old school poetry reader , and couldn't find anything there about massive  fish kills during record heatwaves .   I guess they were so common that they didn't rate a mention .  

This might be a bit presumptuous of me , but have you considered simply making up a poem about massive fish kills and  attributing it to Ms Mackellar ?   If you write it in iambic pentameter I reckon everybody will be convinced that it is kosher . 

And if Rowan Dean reads it , and gets sprung , he can always say it was just one of his trademark clever jokes . 

Ken junior offers this as inspiration , gratis of course . 

                      And I love to take my surrey ,

                      To the fish kills on the Murray , 

                      Where the sunlight never fails , 

                       As it dazzles on the scales .  

It's not his best , but I don't think his heart was in it . 

Your comrade , Ken .

                     

                      

No comments:

Post a Comment