Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Reference:- In an interview on Sky News , we were told nobody in the world makes an electric ute .

Reference:-  Deputy leader of the opposition , Sussan Ley  , claimed that nobody in the world makes an electric ute . Sky News is unlikely to make a correction , so we will.

Dear Sussan , 

                             If you don't like something , it is unwise to pretend it doesn't exist .  Sadly electric utes are made by several manufacturers , and Ford 's electric ute  ( F-150 Lightening ) is so popular it sold out two years production in 48 hrs . 

Ken junior reckons you were not just pretending electric utes don't exist , and that you simply had not done your research .  I have always encouraged Ken junior to think the best of folk , and it is kind of him to give you the benefit of the doubt .  As a public figure it is better to be caught talking garbage than straight out lying .   Poor Mr Morrison found out about that the hard way and we should all take a lesson from that . 

Anyway Sussan , in case  somebody asks again , I have taken the liberty of providing you with some vital statistics regarding Ford's electric ute so you can pretend to be knowledgeable on the subject . 

The F-150 has a 500klm range . It can tow 4 ton .  During a blackout it can power your house for 3 days . It can run all your power tools at a worksite .  It produces 563 horsepower and accelerates to 100klm/hr in under 5 seconds .   

I must say those are impressive figures . They certainly put my 1970  Holden ute to shame .  Mind you , I do love my ute and so does the dog .  I bought it new from the local Holden dealer back in the day , and paid extra for the model with armrests on the door panels . 

  As it turned out I far prefer to drive with my elbow resting on the open window sill , so that was a waste of fifty quid .   Then again ,  the dog stands on the passenger side armrest so he can hang his head out the window and loll his tongue  the breeze , so I suppose it was worth it .  Despite the rising cost of petrol I expect it will see me out .  That is , it should see me out as long as  Ken junior learns how to operate the column shift without crunching the bloody gears all the time . 

Happy motoring , 

Your comrade , Ken .


No comments:

Post a Comment