Friday, May 13, 2022

Reference:- Sensitive and compassionate Liberal candidate for Warringah is one of Mr Morrison's captain's picks .

Reference:- Katherine Deves , the Liberal candidate for Warringah has copped some flak from the media . 

 

Dear Katherine , 

                             I can't see why you  deserved all that flak from the media just because you described gender confirmation surgery as " mutilating " .   There was no need to apologise for that , and I am glad you later retracted , or at least redefined , your apology . As you say , " mutilating " is the accepted " medico-legal terminology " , so you did nothing wrong .  It is not your fault if somebody chooses to find that description hurtful . 

 So think nothing more of such nonsense , Katherine .  Mr Morrison has stood by you , and that is all that matters . 

Anyway , moving on , your use of the correct medico-legal terminology reminded me of an occasion in my childhood when the doctor visited uncle Phineas , who was ill in bed . 

After a thorough examination uncle Phineas spoke up . 

" So what do you reckon doc ? " , uncle Phineas said . 

"  You are a terminal case Phineas . You will suffer terrible agony , and then die . " ,  the doctor said . 

At the time I thought this was very insensitive , but I now realize that it was important for the doctor to run with the correct " medico-legal terminology ". Uncle Phineas simply had to face the facts .

As fate would have it , uncle Phineas didn't suffer any pain at all . Two days later he jumped out of bed .  

" I have never felt better in my life . " , uncle Phineas said . 

 He grabbed his hat and headed to the pub to celebrate . 

 I daresay those folk you spoke of might not have felt  " mutilated " at all . In fact they might even have said " I never felt better in my life . " just like uncle Phineas . 

But their feelings are not your responsibility  , are they Katherine ? 

Good luck in the looming election . 

Your comrade , Ken

 

 

 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment