Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Reference :- We are running out of supplies out here in Kooralya .

Reference:-    The shelves at the local store are bare . Something must be done .  

We have run out of of groceries and other essentials at present . We used to call such a circumstance a life threatening shortage , although these days the preferred terminology is " supply chain problem " .   It's a long way to the big smoke . A gentleman of my years needs to take it easy , so I figured Ken junior should volunteer to undertake the long drive in the ute . 

"  You will have to take the ute and get some supplies . " , I said . 

 " Not to the big smoke , I hate it there . " , Ken junior said . 

 " We have no choice . " , I said 

  " But the roads are stuffed from the weekend floods . " ,  Ken junior said 

 "  We can't let the damage from a once in a hundred years flood deprive us of essential goods . ", I said 

"  That's the fifth once in a hundred years flood we've had since I got my license . ",  Ken junior said . 

" Be that as it may , you just have to make the trip. There a lots of things we need , and we are relying on you . " , I said . 

 " It's a bloody rat race down there , I won't go . ", Ken junior said . 

 " Look son , I know it is a rat race down there , but we don't need rapid antigen tests , they aren't vital right now ",  I said . 

" What is vital right now  ? " , Ken junior said . 

  " The items on this list I am handing you  . " ,  I said 

  Ken junior looked at the list . 

  " These things aren't very essential . " , Ken junior said . 

 " We are also out of beer . " ,  I said . 

 " Are the keys in the ute ? " ,  Ken junior said . 

   " Yeah. And don't thrash it , it's overdue for a service . " , I said . 

 We should see him back here by Saturday , all going well. 

 Your comrade , Ken 


No comments:

Post a Comment