Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Reference:- Ken junior is back from the big smoke.

Reference :-   Ken junior took days to return with our supplies . 

When he arrived back in Kooralya the first thing I wanted to know was why Ken junior  had taken so long to get our supplies .  

" The first thing I want to know is why you took so long to get our supplies . " , I said . 

Dog was jumping all over Ken junior ,  and running around him in tight circles wagging his tail furiously . 

 " It's a long story . Let's unpack first . Hey settle down Dog !  " , Ken junior said 

  Dog did no such thing . 

 Ken junior knelt down , grabbed Dog's collar with one hand and picked up a small stick with the other .  He looked  Dog  in the eyes . Dog tried to lick his face .  Ken junior winced and pulled his head back .

"Dog dog dog dog dog ! " , Ken junior said . 

 Ken junior threw the stick as far down the back yard as he could . Dog paused ,  watched it arc through the air and with ears pricked , noted that it landed beside the chook pen .

 " Go get it boy ! " , Ken junior said . 

Dog's eyes darted  towards the chook pen briefly , then he let out a little whimper ,  and jumped up to lick Ken junior's face again . 

" Get out of it you mongrel ! , Ken junior said .  

 Dog suddenly took off after the stick . 

The lads and I started unloading the ute , which proved to be an annoying task .  Mud stuck to our boots and left a trail down the hall.   Dog kept dropping a drool covered stick at our feet .  Ken junior had tied everything down with rope , using  his so called " truckie knots ' that don't quite release the way they should . 

"I see you have used your Gordian knots again . " , I said . 

" What does that mean ? " , Ken junior said . 

" It means you can't untie them unless you happen to be Alexander The Great with a bloody sword ." , I said . 

" Stop exaggerating , I 'll show you how to do it . " , Ken junior said . 

Ken junior walked to my side of the ute , looked at the knot , shook his head with disdain , and sliced through the rope with his pocket knife . 

"It's as simple as that . ' , Ken junior said . 

 I grabbed a carton of beer .

" I will take this up to the house. "  I said . 

 The lads watched me pick my way carefully through the muddy backyard , beer carton on one shoulder .

" Do you think he's given up ?" , Monte said . 

 " Yeah , I think so . ", Gabbo said . 

  They were right . 

 Your comrade , Ken 


 

 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment