Sunday, January 23, 2022

Reference :- Ken junior explained why he took so long securing our supplies in the big smoke .

Reference :-  Apparently the shelves are becoming bare in the shops everywhere of late . 

Ken junior tells us that he had to spend days in the big smoke shopping for our groceries .  Many of the shops had no stock of certain items  . And those that did often had limits per customer , meaning many visits to many shops . Fortunately he met a nice barmaid called Chantelle at a pub .  Chantelle knew the ropes , and led him around for a few days and steered him to the right places . 

All these shortages are due to those " supply chain difficulties " that we hear about on the tele every night .   But fortunately,  despite food being in short supply , and despite not being able to find any Rapid Antigen Tests  , there was no problem stocking up with all the beer we wanted .  I reckon they ought to consider distributing Rapid Antigen Tests using the same trucks that deliver booze, and sell them at bottle shops . 

Anyway , I asked Ken junior where he had packed the engine gasket kit Monte wanted for his  650 Yamaha .  

" I didn't get one . " , Ken junior said . 

" Why not ? " , I said . 

" Too much trouble , couldn't be bothered . Monte can get stuffed . I decided to spend the money taking Chantelle to the movies . ", Ken junior said . 

Later in the day I was in the kitchen  peeling some spuds for dinner when Monte suddenly arrived . 

" Where's my gasket kit for the Yamaha ? "  , Monte said . 

" Ken junior didn't get one . ",  I said .  

 " What ?  I need it badly . How come he didn't get one ? " ,  Monte said . 

 " Supply chain difficulties . Pass me that potato . ", I said . 

Your comrade , Ken .

No comments:

Post a Comment