Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Reference :- Not everybody was eager to watch the leaders debate on Sky News .

Reference :-   Contributing editor at The Sky Reply , Monte ,  was told to watch the recent leaders debate on Sky News . 

 

It's been awhile since young Monte has watched the news . He has been fitting new piston rings to his motorcycle and is totally obsessed with that particular project  . We figured that meant he could approach the leaders debate free of prejudice . 

" We want you to watch the leaders debate tonight , Monte . " , I said. 

" I 'd rather finish installing the new piston rings into the Yamaha . ",  Monte said . 

" Be that as it may , we want you watch the debate and tell us who you think is best fit to run the country ."  ,  I said . 

 " I am more interested in the best fit of my piston rings . ",  Monte said . 

" For the love of God Monte , can you just forget about your bloody piston rings  for a few minutes and watch the debate ? " , I said . 

Monte wiped the grease off his hands , cracked a beer , and  reluctantly slouched on the sofa  . 

When the debate ended , Monte was silent and sullen .  Five empty beer cans lay beside him . 

 " Well say something Monte . " , I said 

" Like what ? " , Monte said . 

 " Like how did Morrison and Albanese perform in the debate ? " , I said . 

" I could run rings around both of them . " , Monte said . 

 More will follow when Monte sobers up . 

Your comrade , Ken . 

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment