Monday, May 3, 2021

Reference :- The Sky Reply has returned from holidays .

 Reference :-  The Sky Reply team has just returned to their  premises in Kooralya , eager to see what has happened at Sky News during their absence  . 

We haven't even flicked on the tele yet .  The grass in the yard is knee high and teeming with fever infested mosquitoes .  Dog was excited to see us , and jumped all over us with muddy paws . Mice have not only devastated the pantry , but have also chewed through several of our prized first editions and my pack of marked playing cards . 

 All the labels have been chewed off the canned food . 

 " How are we supposed to work out what is in each of these cans  ? "  ,    I said 

  " They are all baked beans . "  ,  Gabbo said .

 Ken junior is chopping some wood to light the stove so we can have hot showers  . Monte and Gabbo are about to try push starting  the ute , which has a flat battery .   

 " If you can start it , go into town and grab a loaf of bread . "    I said . 

 " We are having baked beans on toast for  dinner . "     I said . 

 The trouble with holidays is that one generally returns penniless . 

 I can hardly wait to be informed concerning the state of the nation when we flick on Sky News . 

 "  I bet the first thing we see is a news anchor complaining about a woke lunatic who has been offended by a childrens fairy tale .  And I bet  Paul Murray has found  some new insulting monikers with which to assert his superiority over various high profile folk .  And I bet the Royal Commission into  the media has been ignored . "    Ken junior said . 

 "   Oh for heavens sake ! "  ,   I said . 

 " What ? ".   , Ken junior said . 

  "  All these cans have sliced  peaches in them !  "    I said . 

     Your comrade , Ken 

 

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment