Sunday, May 16, 2021

Reference :- Here is the solution to Gabbo's conundrum .

Reference:-  Obviously everybody has already figured it out ,  but since we promised to publish the solution , here it is .  

The original 150 quid that the three Tories spent can be found like this . 

The Hotel reception has  100 quid   . ( 150 less the 50 refund )

Each of the three Tories has their ten quid refund   ... making 30 quid . 

The shifty bellboy has pocketed 20 quid . 

 According to my trusty slide rule ,    that adds up to 150 quid .

What bothers me is that I can't see a way to use this simple numerical deception to advantage at our next poker game .    I could do with some help , since I have been losing a packet playing with the lads lately .    It seems I always have to put in an extra ten quid when we divide the bank at th end of the night . 

Your comrade , Ken . 

 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment