Saturday, October 17, 2020

Reference :- Sky News anchor and muscle car enthusiast , young Paul Murray, dazzled us with his language skills .

Reference :-   Despite his bluntness and manly appearance , young Paul Murray is quite a wordsmith .  

That was pure poetry Paul.   I can still remember your exact words .    

" pointless puppet princess premiere Palaszczuk"   Five words of alliteration is impressive .  How long does it take you to think these up ? 

  Some of the team at the Sky Reply reckon you have a phalanx of highly paid professors of literature working late into the night writing these gems for you .    But not me Paul . I reckon you deserve full credit and recognition . 

  Though I must report ,  my son and budding poet , Ken junior , was  not impressed .   He reckons he came up with wittier names for the school teachers when he and his mates wagged school down by the creek when they were in grade three .   It's not uncommon for a chap to fall prey to self deception when  it comes to recollections of past glories .  So in your defence I challenged Ken junior to come up with  a longer  example of alliteration .

 Straight away he retorted , " I wouldn't waste my time on that presumptuous paunchy profligate prejudice perpetrator porky Paul.  "  

 I didn't think Ken junior would give up so easily Paul , but it looks like you are still the champ. 

Your comrade , Ken .

No comments:

Post a Comment