Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Reference :- Sky anchor , Peta Credlin , informed us of a dreadful new tax .

 Reference :-   It seems that tradies are being victimized by a new tax on their work trucks . 


Dear Peta , 

                   I was interested to hear your views on this dreadful new tax .  It's clearly just another tactic to remove cash  from the hardworking folk who are building the country , and hand it to woke dole bludgers who wouldn't even know how to drive a 500 horsepower SUV . 

Personally , I still run my old Kingswood ute , so I had to ask somebody down at the Kooralya pub to fill me in about this outrage . 

My mate Trevor has a big twin cab work ute . It has to be a work ute , because he has a tax deductible sign on the door with his phone number on it .  Mind you , I have only seen it when he has been towing his Jet Skis  to the lake, or his camper van to the national park . 

Trevor reckons he's glad he bought it before the purchase tax hike .  But at least he is still able to tax deduct the tyres , petrol ,rego , insurance , signwriting , mag wheels, ten ton recovery winch , long range tanks , bull bar ,  huge spotlights , and servicing costs .   Although I guess that is not much comfort . 

I asked Trevor why he chose that particular model of work ute , and he said as soon as he saw the ad on the tele showing one leaping over sand dunes and roaring through a creek in a rainforest he knew that was what he needed to carry his toolbox to work . 

It annoys me to think that people who drive little 4 cylinder hatchbacks don't pay as much sales tax . Admittedly Trevor' s  leasing  cost is tax deductible , but that is not the point . 

If some idiots want to drive an economical car , that is their lifestyle choice and I don't see why they shouldn't cop a tax for that .  Why should the rest of the community support their lifestyle choice ?

Anyway Peta , thanks for the heads up.  It wasn't quite as thought provoking as that " Bill Shorten wants to ruin the aussie weekend " headline from awhile ago , but that is a hard one to beat . 

Your comrade , Ken .



No comments:

Post a Comment