Friday, April 29, 2022

Reference :- We don't have much choice in the looming election .

 Reference :-   Why is our choice of Prime Minister limited to two people ? 


Ken junior asked an odd question at breakfast this morning . 

" How come we have a couple of hundred choices of breakfast cereal at the supermarket , but only two choices for an important job like Prime Minister ?  What if I don't like either of them ? "   Ken junior said . 

  I poured some cornflakes into my bowl . 

" Don't ask stupid questions , and pass me the milk . ",  I explained  

 There is no point in talking with the lad when he asks stupid questions ,  but Gabbo spoke up anyway . 

 "  My cousin Helen is a preschool teacher . " , Gabbo said . 

" So what ?. "   Ken junior said . 

 Gabbo then revealed cousin Helen's technique for dealing with young children , as follows.... 

" Imagine you have a young boy , let's call him little Joe Average , who is sick of the lesson and starts making a lot of noise by banging on his toy drum and you want him to stop . Cousin Helen will say 'Now Joe , where do you want to put the toy drum ? Do you want to put it in the cupboard or in the toy box  ? '  Little Joe will look a bit confused , but not being able to reason the matter through completely , will think it over , and then put the toy drum in either the cupboard or the toy box .  ' There's a good boy . ' , Helen will say. Mission accomplished . ", Gabbo said

" What has that got to do with anything ? " ,  I said . 

 Gabbo just looked at me . 

 " Who are you going to vote for ? ", Ken junior said .

 " I am still thinking it over . Pass me the sugar . " , I said . 

Your comrade , Ken 




No comments:

Post a Comment