Monday, January 3, 2022

Reference :- Ken junior saw a business opportunity , but I could smell a rat.

Reference :- Ken junior paid over the odds for some  Rapid Antigen Tests that he purchased on the web . 

 

Ken junior nearly fainted when his credit card bill arrived  , bloated as it is by Christmas spending .  

" I need to make some money fast . " ,  Ken junior said .  

" We live in the land of opportunity , you will think of something " ,  I said . 

A few days later we found a package on the verandah .  Dog sniffed it and lost interest immediately , 

but Ken junior grabbed it enthusiastically . 

" This is my ticket to financial independence . "  , Ken junior said . 

" What's in it ? " , Monte said . 

" A couple of dozen RATS . " , Ken junior said . 

"  What are you doing buying rats when there are a dozens in the shed you can catch for free . " , I said . 

" Jesus dad , these are Rapid Antigen Tests for Covid  . Every entrepreneur in the country has jumped on the  RAT bandwagon . I can sell these for a fortune ." , Ken junior said. 

"  Look son , we have laws against price gouging in this country . We have an independent authority called the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission .   Nobody will be allowed to price gouge for a vital health product .  The ACCC will come down on them like a ton of ironbark . ", I said . 

Well for some reason everybody started laughing.  They laughed and laughed and laughed until their ribs hurt . Then just when they had caught their breath Gabbo said  " Do you think Scotty from marketing is opposed to the concept of price gouging ? " , and everybody started laughing again . 

 Anyway , when everybody had calmed down Ken junior offered me a discount on one of his Rapid Antigen Tests .   

 " Hey dad , I can sell you one at a special rate . Only 45 quid to you , as a family member . " , Ken junior said . 

" These tests should be provided free of charge by the government ." , I said .

"  Mr Morrison tells us we can't have everything for free . Freebies distort the market . "  ,  Ken junior said . 

 " We didn't ask for  everything to be free . We asked for a crucial health test to be free . They are free in other countries . "  , I said . 

 " Like where ? . " Ken junior said . 

" Lots of countries , even France . " , I said . 

" Yeah , well that's the French for you . They don't even know the meaning of the word entrepreneur . ", Ken junior said . 

"Well you can stick you 45 quid test kit up your nose as far as I am concerned . " , I said . 

 It's amazing how debt can destroy a person's ethics .........and common sense . 

Your comrade , Ken .

 

 

 





No comments:

Post a Comment