Thursday, December 16, 2021

Reference :- We have been told the budget deficit is not as bad as we feared .

Reference :-   The budget deficit figure miraculously came in below 100 billion quid .  What a relief .  


It was with a great sense of relief that we received the news that the budget deficit estimate has come in at an entirely manageable 99 billion quid .   Prime Minister Morrison ( AKA Scotty from marketing )  must be pleased , what with an election looming and all . 

 Sadly we don't have time for a lengthy Sky Reply today .  The local store has a Christmas sale running , and we want to check out some more of the bargains on offer.  Ken junior already bought a  Christmas ham  for  9.99 ,  and Monte picked up some quality gym boots for 99.99 .  I scored  a really impressive tool set for 999.99 .    I have wanted one for ages , but simply couldn't  bring myself to fork out more than a grand .  I mean seriously , you would have to be mad to spend over a grand on a tool set . 

The new tool set looks great mounted on the shed wall , but after I got it home I realised it didn't include any long sockets or ratchet ring spanners .   Sadly those items are not on special , so I will have to shell out full price for those when I buy them today to complete the set .  But what the heck , the original price  was such a bargain . 

Gabbo reckons I have been a victim of slick marketing . But I told him we never see  slick marketing here in Kooralya , and Australian's in general  are too smart to be fooled by slick marketing . 

Or lies , for that matter . 

Your comrade , Ken 


 


 


                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment