Sunday, November 17, 2019

Reference :- The Sky Reply begs your patience with a lengthy response to Rowan Dean's "Outsiders "weather report . And requests that you pass it on .

Reference :-   It's annoyingly dull , but like those horror movie monsters who keep getting up when you thought they were dead , Rowan Dean keeps returning with his godawful weather report claiming to prove climate change is a hoax .  We apologise for the length of this post , but will try to keep it entertaining .

Alright , Rowan , are you ready ?  But before we begin , I see you took my advice about concealing your tumescence , and wore a suitably loose and dark coloured jacket .  Stooping also helped , so well done . Ah yes , record cold , and record snow in the northern hemisphere . What fun .   I did like the way you played a couple of songs  from the seventies praising the now non existent Autumn . It lightens things up a bit , but I don't quite understand how record low temperatures and the entire season of Autumn cashing in it's chips and vacating the planet proves there is no climate change .  Anyway , did we really need to have an Autumn ?  It served no useful purpose as far as I can see.    My son , Ken junior ,  annoyingly watching as I write,  just told  me that's what I said when there was a part left over after I fixed his trail bike , and when he rode it  the engine fell out .  He's a strange lad , and for the life of me I can't see the connection.   Anyway , since there is undoubtedly climate change with all this freezing cold and an entire season torn out of the calendar , the question remains ... Is it , overall , getting hotter or colder globally ?    Scientists say it is getting hotter , and if they are correct , there must be places experiencing  record heat , to balance out the record cold . And , ahem , there do appear to be a few such places .   

 South Eastern USA ...... record heatwave  this year .
Japan  ..... highest temperature ever recorded during heatwaves in Hokkaido
Indo -Pakistan ...... many died in staggering 50.8 degrees heat
Europe ............An unprecedented three major heatwaves with 5 countries experiencing record heat .
 Alaska ......record heat wave with temperatures 14.5 degrees higher than the previous record in 2014.
and on and on and on ...........
So then, Rowan .   About this record winter that's stirring your loins .    Heat waves in the arctic  this year produced the highest temperature ever recorded within the arctic circle .  This hot air disturbs the circular winds that form a stockade around the polar region confining the freezing air . And it spills south . Climate scientists have been telling us we would experience record cold spells  due to global warming for years .   Ken junior tells  me I am wasting my time explaining all this . He can be quite rude at times and just snapped  "  Don't waste your time on that Rowan Dean , the man has the brains of a sea cucumber ."
The cheeky bastard .   Finally , to follow your lead with those lovely songs , I leave you with this inspiring poem by the very aptly named Robert Frost .


                                                         Fire and Ice    
                                     Some say the world will end in fire
                                     Some say in ice
                                     From what I have tasted of desire
                                     I hold with those who favour fire
                                     But if it had to perish twice
                                     I think I know enough of hate
                                     To say that for destruction ice
                                     Is also great
                                     And would suffice

Robert Frost was born in 1874 .
He certainly had more brains than a sea cucumber .    Your comrade , Ken



      

 


No comments:

Post a Comment